Purpose: Promote trees and tree health, foster tree advocacy and build a core of volunteers. What participants gain: Hands-on and classroom experience in all aspects of tree
Purpose: Promote trees and tree health, foster tree advocacy and build a core of volunteers.
What participants gain: Hands-on and classroom experience in all aspects of tree planting, maintenance, care, and tree stewardship. Learn how trees can improve air quality, minimize flooding, increase home values, and reduce heating and cooling costs. Instructors are expert foresters, ISA-certified arborists and Tennessee Extension agents.
- Tree protection during construction. Learn about the importance of tree roots and how to protect your tree during construction and renovation projects.
- Hazardous Trees, Lightning damaged trees. Learn how to recognize the seven conditions that place a tree into the “hazardous” condition and what steps to take if you identify a dangerous tree. Learn how to evaluate the severity of a lightning damaged tree.
- Insects and Diseases Found Locally. Learn to recognize some of the most common tree pathogens and appropriate treatment options.
- Tree Law. Learn how tree law affects you and your neighbor.
- Tree Pruning and working in large trees. Learn about the proper way tree work is accomplished safely when working aloft in larger trees.
Health Guidelines for this Event
Keep Soddy-Daisy Beautiful